Dog Bites Can Cause Serious Harm
Dog bites can be very serious to victims, depending on the severity of the bite or attack, the age of the victim, the duration of the attack or bite, and many other factors. These can leave serious and lasting injuries including:
- traumatic brain injuries
- damage to nerves
- damage to skin, face, hands, neck
- fatal bleeding
- loss of an eye, ear, nose, or appendage
What Do You Do After a Dog Bite
Following a dog bite, a victim may be in need of medical attention. But the following are also good rules of thumb to document the situation:
- Take pictures of your wound, the dog, the scene, witnesses, everything. Document what happened as best as possible.
- Ask any potential witnesses for their contact information.
- Separate the dog from the victim and other potential victims.
- Call the police to report the incident and wait for them to arrive in order to take down a report.
If you have suffered a dog bite injury, seek medical attention and contact a skilled personal injury attorney. You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. Protect your rights by calling a personal injury attorney today.