Many patients are at risk for heart risk and medical concerns without even realizing it. Recently, commonly used dialysis treatment drugs GranuFlo and NaturaLyte have been found to cause serious, deadly symptoms.
If you or someone you know has used GranuFlo and NaturaLyte, you may be eligible for a claim. Patients who have been treated with the drugs are being tested for pain and suffering. If you've suffered complications, continue reading and find out if you could be at risk for deadly medical conditions.
Here’s what you need to know about the serious side effects of GranuFlo and NaturaLyte:
- Both drugs contain sodium diacetate. The high concentrations have been known to increase levels of bicarbonate. Once your bicarbonate levels reach a certain point, you will be extremely susceptible to heart attacks and other medical injuries.
- Metabolic alkalosis (or high bicarbonate levels) causes a variety of concerns, such as
- heart attack
- cardiac arrest
- low blood pressure
- Patients who have been treated with GranuFlo and NaturaLyte are susceptible to bicarbonate overdose
- Those who have been treated with the products are at risk of suffering a heart attack within 48 hours of receiving treatment
Those who are most at risk
If you've been treated with GranuFlo or NaturaLyte, you are at risk. Fresenius Medical Care, the company who manufactured and distributed the drug, failed to notify other medical centers of the risks of taking the treatment.
As a result, the doctor or medical technician who administered the treatment on you might not have known about the high risks.
Contact a medical care facilitator immediately. If you have suffered complications shortly after receiving the dialysis treatment, then you could be susceptible to heart attack, stroke, and even death.
If you've been injured or ill as a result of taking the dialysis treatment, there is no reason you should suffer alone or in silence. Immediately contact an attorney to determine whether or not you're eligible for compensation.
Those who are most at risk for bicarbonate overdose include:
- Diabetic patients
- Patients with elevated bicarbonate levels
- Patients with history of diuretics or steroid use
What you can do
If you have been treated with GranuFlo or NaturaLyte, immediately seek medical attention and contact an attorney who can help protect your rights. GranuFlo and NaturaLyte are known to cause serious health concerns like heart attack, cardiac arrest, stroke, and even death.
Our dialysis injuryattorneys are here to help you
Contact our experienced dialysis injury lawyers today to get the compensation and justice you deserve.
Don’t suffer alone. We’re here to help you through each step of the process.